Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Spring Azaleas" in Watercolor Art Society-Houston January Exhibit






























©Becky Brocato
"Spring Azaleas" 7" x 7"
Watercolor on 140lb Arches CP

Although I completed this a while ago, I'm finally entering it in an exhibit. "Spring Azaleas" is a reminder that it will soon be warming up here in Houston, and I can't wait! I am not a fan of cold, rainy, dreary days like today! I painted this from a photo I took of the azaleas in my front yard. They put on quite a show in my flower garden each spring! This painting is custom framed in a simple black contemporary wooden frame with museum quality materials and an 8-ply white mat. Framed size is 14" x 14" and ready to hang.

I hope you'll come by the WAS-H Gallery sometime this month and enjoy the watermedia art exhibit. The show will be on display until February 10, 2011. The opening reception is Friday, January 14, 2011, from 6 to 8pm. Light refreshments and wine will be served.

2 comments:

Paul Greenwood said...

Like you're delicate watercolour!
I like the power of this piece and simply framed too. Lovely!

Becky Brocato said...

Thank you, Paul!